If there’s one characteristic lacking from the iPhone’s iMessage app, it’s the power to schedule textual content messages. That’s one thing you are able to do with e-mail shoppers, and it may well come in useful if it’s essential to ship out emails at particular instances. However the identical is usually true for textual content messages. There is perhaps cases the place you wish to ship them at specific instances of the day, week, or month. And also you might need recurring messages that should be despatched at particular instances, like birthday needs.
Whereas Apple’s iOS doesn’t help scheduling Messages on iPhone or iPad, you need to use a unique built-in utility to do the duty. You need to use the Shortcuts app’s automation characteristic to schedule textual content messages in your iPhone.
As Lifewire explains, organising textual content automation on iPhone is extremely simple. You don’t even should have any expertise with the Shortcuts app to get it achieved.
Right here’s what it’s essential to do to schedule a textual content in your iPhone:
- Open the Shortcuts app
- Faucet the Automation menu
- Choose Create Private Automation if that is your first time utilizing automations. In any other case, faucet the + signal and choose Create Private Automation
- Choose the Time of Day choice, and customise the time in your scheduled textual content message
- Customise the hour and alter the date for the message (you possibly can choose between day by day, weekly, and month-to-month choices)
- Faucet Subsequent
- You’ll want so as to add an motion on the subsequent menu
- Select the Ship Message choice and faucet Subsequent
- Now you can write the message and choose a recipient out of your contacts, and faucet Subsequent
Should you’re pleased with the automation, you’ll have to substantiate it by tapping the Accomplished button.
Earlier than organising the automation, you’ll have to recollect key particulars. Should you schedule a textual content message on iPhone this fashion, it should exit on the similar time of the day, week, or month. The characteristic is nice for scheduling recurring messages. But when it’s a one-time factor, you’ll wish to cease the automation as soon as it sends the scheduled message.
As a fail-safe, you possibly can depart the Ask Earlier than Operating toggle enabled on the ultimate display of the automation setup. That method, you gained’t mistakenly ship a scheduled message greater than the variety of instances it has to exit.
Rinse and repeat for every totally different iPhone message you wish to schedule. You’ll then be capable of take away automations after they’re now not legitimate. Or when Apple lastly brings help for scheduling messages on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.